Platform food-related services´ in SlovakiaRok vydání: 2021
Platform economy is one of the highly discussed topics in recent years. Based on its principle, catering services are also being developed, which receive only marginal attention in the scientific literature. The aim of the article is to examine catering services on the principle of platform economy in Slovakia. In fulfilling it, we used the methods of descriptive statistics. The article presents the results that more than one-fifth of respondents do not know the platform economy at all. More than half of the respondents have already used services via digital platforms, but only 5.3% of respondents have used catering services in this way. Almost 40.0% of respondents are interested in providing catering services in Slovakia via digital platforms. The results of the survey show that for their further development, it is necessary to increase public awareness of digital platforms, intensify their promotion, improve legislative conditions, change people's mindsets and reduce the prices of these services.
digital platforms, food-related services, platform economy
- Acquier, A., Daudigeos, T., Pinkse, J., (2017). Promises and paradoxes of the sharing economy: An organizing framework. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 125, pp. 1-10. ISSN 0040-1625. DOI: 10.1016/j.techfore.2017.07.006.
- Allen, D., Berg, Ch. (2014). The sharing economy. How over-regulation could destroy an economic revolution. Retrieved from https://collaborativeeconomy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Allen-D.-and-Berg-C.2014.The-Sharing-Economy.-Institute-of-Public-Affairs.-.pdf.
- Atsiz, O., Cifci, I., Law, R. (2021). Understanding food experience in sharing-economy platforms: insights from Eatwith and Withlocals. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change. DOI: 10.1080/14766825.2021.1880419
- Benoit, S., Baker, T.L., Bolton, R.N., Gruber, T., Kandampully, J., (2017). A triadic framework for collaborative consumption (CC): Motives, activities and resources & capabilities of actors. Journal of Business Research, vol.79, pp. 219-227. ISSN 0148-2963. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2017.05.004.
- Botsman, R. (2015). Defining the Sharing Economy: What is Collaborative consumption and What isn´t. Fast company article. Retrieved from https://www.fastcompany.com/3046119/defining-the-sharing-economy-what-is-collaborative-consumption-and-what-isnt.
- Botsman, R., Rogers, R., (2011). What´s Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption. London, UK: Harper Business Print. 304 p. ISBN 9780007395910.
- Cockayne, D.G., (2016). Sharing and neoliberal discourse: The economic function of sharing in the digital on-demand economy. Geoforum, vol. 77, pp. 73-82. ISSN 0016-7185. DOI: 10.1016/j.geoforum.2016.10.005.
- Dervojeda, K. et al., (2013). The sharing Economy : Accessibility Based Business Models for Peer-to-Peer Markets. 2013. European Commision : Business Inovation Observatory Contract No 190/PPENT/CIP/12/C/N0 3C01 Case study 12.
- De las Heras, A., Relinque-Medina, F., Zamora-Polo, F., & Luque-Sendra, A. (2020). Analysis of the evolution of the sharing economy towards sustainability. Trends and transformations of the concept. Journal of Cleaner Production, pp. 125227. ISSN 0959-6526. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.125227.
- Flash Eurobarometer 467 (2018). The use of the collaborative economy”. Survey conducted by TNS Political & Social at the request of the European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs. [online]. [accessed on 31 March 2021]. Available online: https://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/index.cfm/ResultDoc/download/DocumentKy/84015.
- Goudin, P., (2016). The Cost of Non - Europe in the Sharing Economy. Economic, Social and Legal Challenges and Opportunities. European Parliament. Retrieved from http://www.europarl.europa.e u/RegData /etudes/STUD/2016/558777/EPRS_STU(2016)558777_EN.pdf.
- Cheng, M., (2016). Sharing economy: A review and agenda for future research. International Journal of Hospitality Management, vol. 57, pp. 60-70. ISSN 0278-4319. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2016.06.003.
- Christensen,D., (2020). Performing a peer-to-peer economy: how Airbnb hosts navigate socio-institutional frameworks. Journal of Sustainable Tourism. ISSN 0278-4319. DOI: 10.1080/09669582.2020.1849231.
- Klarin, A., Suseno, Y. A., (2021). state-of-the-art review of the sharing economy: Scientometric mapping of the scholarship. Journal of Business Research, vol. 126, pp. 250-262. ISSN 0148-2963. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2020.12.063.
- Kostakis, V., Bauwens, M., (2014). Network Society and Future Scenarios for a Collaborative Economy. Palgrave : Macmillan, 2014, 97 p. ISBN 978-1-137-40689-7.
- Leoni, G., Parker, L.D., (2019). Governance and control of sharing economy platforms: Hosting on Airbnb. The British Accounting Review, vol. 51, pp. 100814. ISSN 0890-8389. DOI: 10.1016/j.bar.2018.12.001.
- Pouri, M.J., Hilty, L.M., (2021). The digital sharing economy: A confluence of technical and social sharing. Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions, vol. 38, pp. 127-139. ISSN 2210-4224. DOI: 10.1016/j.eist.2020.12.003.
- Scholz, P., Janeček, P., Linderová, I., (2020a). Applying environmental measures as part of social responsibility: Case of Czech Hotel Chain. Acta Turistica, vol. 32, no 1, pp. 7-38. ISSN 0353-4316. DOI: 10.22598/at/2020.32.1.7.
- Scholz, P., Linderová, I., Konečná, K., (2020b). Green Management Tools as a Way to Sustainable Behaviour in the Hotel Industry: Case Study from Czechia. Sustainability, vol. 12, pp. 10027. ISSN 2071-1050. DOI: 10.3390/su122310027.
- Smith, B., Goods, C., Barratt, T., Veen, A. (2021). Consumer ‘app-etite’ for workers' rights in the Australian ‘gig’ economy. Journal of Choice Modelling, vol. 38, 100254. ISSN 1755-5345. DOI: 10.1016/j.jocm.2020.100254.
- ŠEBOVÁ. Ľ., (2007). Predpoklady uplatňovania finančného kontrolingu v hoteli. E+M Ekonomie a Management, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 122-131. ISSN 1212-3609.
- Wong, S.D., Broader, J.C., Shaheen,A., (2020). Can Sharing Economy Platforms Increase Social Equity for Vulnerable Populations in Disaster Response and Relief? A Case Study of the 2017 and 2018 California Wildfires. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives, vol 5, pp. 100131. ISSN 2590-1982. DOI: 10.1016/j.trip.2020.100131.
- World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), (2017). New Platform Tourism Services (or the so-called Sharing Economy) – Understand, Rethink and Adapt. Madrid: UNWTO. ISBN 978-92-844-1908-1.
- Xu, X. Gursoy, D., (2021). STHRSCAPE: Developing and validating a collaborative economy based short-term hospitality rental servicescape scale. International Journal of Hospitality Management 2021, 94, pp. 102833. ISSN 0278-4319. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102833.
- You, Ch., (2020). Law and policy of platform economy in China. Computer Law & Security Review , vol. 39, pp. 105493. ISSN 0267-3649. DOI: 10.1016/j.clsr.2020.105493.
- Zhang, Z., Fu, R.J.C., (2020). Accommodation Experience in the Sharing Economy: A Comparative Study of Airbnb Online Reviews. Sustainability, vol. 12, pp. 10500. SSN 2071-1050. DOI: 10.3390/su122410500.
- Zhu, X., Liu,, (2020). A systematic review and future directions of the sharing economy: business models, operational insights and environment-based utilities. Journal of Cleaner Production, pp. 125209. ISSN 0959-6526. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.125209.